Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced musician looking to take your playing to another level, private lessons provide the opportunity to get the personal attention that can be beneficial to your growth as a musician. Lessons are scheduled weekly for 30 or 60 minutes. Our experienced and professional faculty will work with you to develop an individualized program that helps you achieve your musical goals.
We Offer Lessons in the Following Subjects
Purchase a Lesson Pass
The Handmade Music School uses Pike13 to manage our lessons and workshops. As a student of the Handmade Music School you can Become a Member by opening your account and manage your lesson schedule and payments right from your own Handmade Music School Dashboard.
Purchase a pass: you will need a pass to schedule your lesson. You can buy a single lesson pass or to save money, purchase a 4 lesson pass.
Essentials of learning old time and bluegrass music at The Handmade Music School:
- Music should be fun. Work hard, but have fun!
- We teach the old time way, knee to knee and phrase by phrase, so bring your recorder and take your lesson home with you.
- Invest in a quality instrument to learn on. The Floyd Country Store has instruments to purchase or rent.
- Practice at home and participate in our old time & bluegrass jams every Sunday.
- Listen to quality and relevant recordings to get the full experience. The Floyd Country Store has wide variety of recordings. Talk to your teacher about FCS playlist recordings.
Please read and agree to our Policies & Procedures.
Share The Music Scholarships
Our Share the Music Scholarships are easy to access. Any person who cannot afford our learning opportunities but wishes to take part can fill out a simple form requesting the funds for the program of their choice, no questions asked! Choose whether you are interested in a Handmade at Home workshop, private lessons, or the Floyd Old Time Music Get Together. Simply fill out the form and someone from our team will be in touch.