Drop-Off & Pick-Up Policy
Drop-off and pick-up will take place in front of the EcoVillage. Please park in the parking lot in front of the EcoVillage Event Center. Parents/guardians are asked to walk your student(s) into the main lobby of the Event Center. (Please do not send your student in without the accompaniment of an adult chaperone.) A Handmade Music School staff person will check your student(s) in for the day.
Pick-up: Parents/guardians are asked to come inside to the Event Center to pick up their child between 2pm and 2:15pm. Please do not arrive later than 2:15pm. If there is an unexpected reason to be late, please call (540) 251-2571 and let a HMS staff person know.
All students must be signed out by a parent/guardian. If someone is there to pick up your student(s) and they are not listed on the “allowed pick-up” section of your registration form, we will call the main parent/guardian contact we are given for approval. Your child will not be allowed to leave before we can get a signature, we require this signature as a safety precaution for our students.
Contact With Student
If you need to contact your student at any time throughout the day, or drop something off to them, please call 540-251-2571 to alert a HMS staff person.
*Please make sure that all individuals that have permission to pick your child up are listed under “allowed pick-up” on your registration form. We will not allow your child to leave until we have parent/guardian approval. If there is anyone who is not allowed to pick up your student, please list this in the “NOT allowed to pick up” area on the registration form AND notify us so we have that information ahead of time.
HMS Behavior Policy. If the student was to interrupt the program due to bad behavior (screaming, name calling, not following instructions, not respecting the space, etc.) the following steps will be taken:
- A staff member will speak to the parent/guardian about the situation day of occurrence. This will be considered the first verbal warning. A staff member is required to fill out the first behavior report including all appropriate signatures.
Injury or Emergency Procedures
If the student’s parent/guardian cannot be reached and the program staff have followed the emergency procedures below, the parent/guardian agrees to assume all expenses for moving and medically treating this student.
- In a life threatening emergency ONLY, 911 will be called first.
- In a non-life threatening emergency, the program coordinator will call home. If there is no answer the parent or guardians employment will be called or the emergency contact given. The director will administer First Aid as needed.
- If none of the above answers, the program coordinator will call an ambulance if necessary to transport the child to a local medical facility.
- Based upon the medical judgment of the attending physician, the child may be admitted to a medical facility.
- The program coordinator will continue to call the parents, guardians or physician until someone is reached. Please make sure you provide correct emergency contact information
Closures and Inclement Weather
More information coming soon.