The Handmade Music School: Online Sessions presents Home Audio Production 101 with JoeBass DeJarnette on Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 3:00pm. The workshop will be presented online via Crowdcast. Cost is $1 to $100 (suggested donation of $15).
JoeBass DeJarnette from Studio 808a in Floyd, VA / Brooklyn, NY discusses tips and tricks for getting the best possible sound for home recording, live streaming and podcasting!
In this one hour workshop we’ll talk about how to get the most out of a basic home recording set-up. We’ll cover the basic gear you need to create high quality audio and how to use it. It will be helpful if you have a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) that includes a microphone, interface, computer, and some sort of recording software (free ones like gargeband or Audacity are fine) but we’ll also talk about how to get the best sound from portable recorders and phones as well. A few topics will include:
- How to best record your voice for speaking
- How to best record a solo musician singing and playing an acoustic instrument
- Getting better sound for internet content such as music videos, live streams and podcasting
- Basic microphone technique. Placement is often more important than what brand or model microphone you have!
- A simple way to get your volume under control using a basic limiter for your final mix
- An introduction to multitrack recording using a DAW