Handmade at Home Virtual Guitar Workshop Series: Pharis Romero
January 7 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
HANDMADE AT HOME
VIRTUAL GUITAR WORKSHOP SERIES
Join us for oldtime guitar backup workshops online this winter!
Handmade Music School has asked 4 of our favorite guitar playing pals to share a little time with us online this winter discussing, demonstrating and teaching their award winning and distinctive guitar styles.
January 7, 2024 at 4 PM EST
We’ll be revelling in the powerful magic that is rhythm and old-time guitar, looking especially at where to seat the bass notes and how to make a tune drive or sway. We’ll also explore a couple strumming patterns that can diversify tunes and bring you out of the boom-chuck rut. If we have time we’ll mess around with some funky bass runs. Please bring all your questions and old time guitar joy.
MORE ABOUT OUR WINTER VIRTUAL GUITAR SERIES:
These hour and a half long workshops will be a great opportunity to hear some really inspiring music, learn some new insights and techniques, and reconnect with your community in the cold dark of winter. The loose format of these sessions will be:
- a short intro where each artist is either interviewed by the Handmade Music staff, or talks a little about themselves and their approach to stringband music and guitar back-up
- plays a few of their favorite recordings of guitar backup, talks about why they love them
- plays a few tunes with a friend or 3
- teaches a tune or song or 3
- a question and answer zoom hangout session
Handmade Music School’s Joebass (who curated this lineup) will kick the series off on December 19th with his own guitar class in which he will feature recordings of the 4 guest instructors as well as a few of his own tips and tricks.
Price is pay what you can with a strongly suggested donation of $25 and a minimum $5.